Mahapurush Srimanta Sankaradeva Viswavidyalaya
Nagaon Recruitment 2018
For Professor/ Associate Professor/ Assistant Professor
Last Date: 11/06/2018.
The University is looking for meritorious, energetic and dedicated persons to be appointed in some temporary posts of teachers (to teach at UG and PG levels) at its Nagaon and Rupnagar, Guwahati Campuses. Applications with all relevant testimonials from such intending candidates having UGC norms are invited so as to reach the undersigned on or before 11th June 2018.
I. NAGAON CAMPUS:
(A) Professor : (i) Economics, (ii) Education, (iii) Philosophy and (iv) Sociology;
(B) Associate Professor : (i) Assamese, (ii) Economics, (iii) Philosophy and (iv) Sociology;
(C) Assistant Professor (Regular basis) : (i) Economics, (ii) English and (iii) Philosophy;
(D) Assistant Professor (Ad-hoc basis) : (i) Assamese, (ii) Economics, (iii) English, (iv)
Education, (v) Philosophy and (vi) Sociology.
II. RUPNAGAR, GUWAHATI CAMPUS:
(A) Professor : (i) Performing Arts, (ii) Social Work and (iii) Yogic Science & Naturopathy;
(B) Associate Professor: (i) English, (ii) Performing Arts, (iii) Social Work and Yogic Science & Naturopathy;
(C) Assistant Professor (Regular basis) : (i) Performing Arts (Dance, Music, and Drama) and (ii) Yogic Science & Naturopathy
- The University shall reserve rights to transfer from one campus to the other, if necessary.
- Reservation of posts as per the Govt. of Assam rules/norms.
- Assistant Professor: Minimum qualification and experience:
- Good academic record with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade wherever grading system is followed) at the Master’s Degree level in the relevant subject from an Indian University.
- Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC like SLET/SET or Ph.D. Degree (under the New Regulations). Candidates having both NET and Ph.D. shall be preferred.
- In case of Performing Arts, the candidates shall have Master’s Degree in Performing Arts with specialization in Dance/Music/Drama (Theatre Art).
- In case of Assistant Professor (Ad-hoc basis) the requirement of NET shall be relaxed: However, NET qualified candidates shall be given preference.
- Salary: Assistant Professor (Regular basis) : Rs. 30,000/- p.m. (consolidated). Assistant Professor (Ad-hoc basis) : Rs. 15,000/- p.m. (consolidated).
- Associate Professor: Minimum Qualification and Experience:
- Good academic record with a Ph. D. Degree in the concerned/allied/relevant discipline.
- A Master’s Degree with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade wherever grading system is followed).
- A minimum of eight years of experience of teaching and/or research in an academic/research position equivalent to that of Assistant Professor in a University/College excluding the period of Ph.D. research with evidence of published work and a minimum of 5 publications as books and/or research papers in the subject concerned.
- Contribution to educational innovation, the design of new curricula and courses, and technology-mediated teaching learning process with evidence of having guided doctoral candidates and research students.
- A minimum API score of 300 points as stipulated in the Academic Performance Indicator (API) as per the Performance Based Appraisal System (PBAS), set out in the UGC’s revised Regulation of minimum qualifications for appointment of teachers.
- Salary: Rs. 45,000/- p.m. (consolidated)
- Professor: Minimum Qualification and Experience:
(i)An eminent scholar with Ph.D. in the concerned/allied/relevant
discipline and published work of high quality, actively engaged in research with evidence of published work with a minimum of 10 publications as books and/or research/policy papers.
- A minimum of ten years of teaching experience in university and/or experience in research at the University/National level institutions, including experience of guiding candidates for research at doctoral level.
- Contribution to educational innovation, the design of new curricula and courses, and technology-mediated teaching-learning process.
- A minimum API score of 400 points as stipulated in the Academic Performance Indicator (API) as per the Performance Based Appraisal System (PBAS), set out in the UGC’s revised Regulation of minimum qualifications for appointment of teachers .OR
- An outstanding professional with an established reputation in the relevant field, who has made significant contributions to the knowledge in the concerned/allied/relevant discipline, to be substantiated by credentials.
- Upper Age Limit in case of the posts of Professor: A person up to the age of 63 years with the above qualifications may apply for the posts of Professor.
- Salary: for pensioners : Rs. 40,000/- p.m. (consolidated)
How to apply:
Candidate will be required to pay an amount of Rs. 2,000.00 (Rupees two thousand) only by demand draft in favor of “REGISTRAR, MAHAPURUSHA SRIMANTA SANKARADEVA VISWAVIDYALAYA” payable at “State Bank of India, Nagaon Main Branch (Branch Code – 000146)” or Cash at Accounts Branch of the University as an application fees for the post. A completed application in the prescribed form along with necessary enclosures must reach “REGISTRAR, MAHAPURUSHA SRIMANTA Sankaradeva Viswavidyalaya, H.B. Path, Kolongpar, Nagaon – 782001” on latest by 11th JUNE, 2018
For more Details: click here